Wednesday, November 19, 2014

The Road You Have to Take


Have you ever had something happen in the past that just sits in the back of your mind? Going along about your day when it rears its ugly head again?

Nagging you, telling you that things could have been different if you had just approached the situation better or done that one part differently.

We all have things in our past we wish we could re-do. Some simple, and maybe some not so simple. We may not call them regrets, but they seek to remind us that we have failed in some way. We have done things that did not always make us proud.

If only we could go back in the past and change it.

But if it wasn't that one thing, it would be another.

Not every moment in your life is going to go exactly how you planned. Or exactly how it "should."

There are bound to be mistakes... and maybe regret.

Trials and tribulations have to be overcome for there to be any lessons learned.

A bumpy road to get to the place you want to in life.

If there weren't things that had happened in my life and situations I wish I could change, I would never have been able to evolve into the person I am today.

And I hope I'm not done changing.

I want to make better decisions. Make my path honorable and respectable.

It may be a curvy route, but it's yours.

And learning how to be the best you can be is the only thing that matters.

You can not go back and re-do life. You may not have a choice in that, but you do have a choice.

You have a choice to break free of the guilt and regret. A choice to live for the present and to improve yourself--to leave yesterday where it belongs.

You are all worth second chances, friends. And so am I.

Here's to learning from the past and letting it go; making the future brighter, and the present worthy.

Linking up with Madison & Rachel for Community Brew!

 photo blog2_zpse65e9159.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day! I look forward to hearing from you! -Gen

Much Love!

Much Love!

Share