Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Currently: November Edition

Every month, two of my favorite blogs (Dearest Love and Anne In Residence) host this fun and adorable link up called Currently with a set of 5 prompts. It's one I look forward to participating in, and it gives me a chance to break away from my normal posts and just think about what's going on in day-to-day life. There's been so much heartbreak and sadness at home with the death of my cousin and community member, and I believe it's important to live for every day, honoring those who have left this present life. God has blessed me in so many ways, and I'm vowing to be grateful for those blessings, not only in November, but every day. :)


WISHLISTING: Wishing for this adorable striped elbow-patch sweater from Jane.com. It's one I've been eyeing for a while, but I'm trying to be good and not spend money on things I don't need. But's it's cute, right?! You should check out all their great deals! It's one of my favorite websites for sure. :)

CREATING: I'm lucky enough to be guest posting today at Melanie Gets Married featuring a DIY No-Sew Burlap Table Runner I just made! And my friend just helped me make a Burlap and Lace Table Runner that will be on the blog soon! I'm using them both as part of my fall decor. You can't go wrong with burlap! Check out how to make the No-Sew Burlap Table Runner here!

READING: Currently reading "A Week in Winter," and it's been hard to put down! My mother-in-law was kind enough to let me borrow it, and it's beautifully written. It's a fiction tale of a woman who transforms an old mansion into a bed & breakfast in a small town on the coast of Ireland despite the doubts of everyone. It chronicles the stories behind each of the first guests of the B&B, as well as the struggles of starting this business. I highly recommend it to anyone!

I also just signed up for Blogging for Books, and I'm excited to review a fiction tale soon! More on that later. :)

LOVING: Life and the blessings it provides every day.

APPRECIATING: My sweet, kind husband. He's crazy and fun to be around all the time, but even more than that, his kind heart just makes me melt over and over. He takes care of me always, and he does so much for us. He works hard in training at work (a year-long, stressful process!), and then he comes home and helps with dinner and cleaning, all the while listening to my stresses and worries. I'm so lucky to have him. :)

What are you wishlisting, creating, reading, loving, and appreciating? Share in the link-up love!

Happy Wednesday, friends,

 photo blog2_zpse65e9159.png

7 comments:

  1. Love the cardigan! And I've never read any Maeve Binchy - will have to check out her stuff. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for hosting and for stopping by!! I had never read any before either, but I'm loving her so far! :)

      Delete
  2. I have been eyeing those cute elbow patch sweaters too! That no sew table runner is so cute! I need to make one for my Thanksgiving table!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much! It is so easy and goes great with any Thanksgiving decor! Your fall mantel is my fave. I wish I had a mantel to style like that!

      Delete
  3. I'm so sorry to hear about what happened to your cousin. Praying for peace and comfort to you all!

    The burlap table runner sounds like a great DIY! I have one too, and it goes so well on the table year-round!
    Thanks for linking up for Currently!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. It's still hard to believe, but we're making it through.

      Thank you! I'm loving it on my table, and I am sure it will stay year-round, too. Burlap is great with spring, as well. :) Thank you for hosting!!

      Delete

Your comments make my day! I look forward to hearing from you! -Gen

Much Love!

Much Love!

Share