Monday, November 17, 2014

101 in 1001

I'm the type of person that believes in the concept of a bucket list. And having dreams and plans for the future. My husband calls me "silly" sometimes because I talk about crossing things off my bucket list, but I think it's important to do things that make each day better and brighter. Otherwise, life can become monotonous if you're not out there exploring all there is to offer. :) When I first heard of making a 101 in 1001 list, it was a few years ago, and I don't know if I ever finished it. I've been seeing them on people's blogs, and I decided I wanted to make my own again. I know many people will do this after the start of the new year, but I wanted to start now. I mean, why wait, right?

 Here's to dreaming, enjoying each moment, and always reaching higher!



101 in 1001
Starts: November 17, 2014
Ends: August 13, 2017

1. Run four days a week for six months straight.
2. Read 30 new books.
3. Try and blog one new recipe a week for three months.
4. Celebrate our one year anniversary!
5. Celebrate our two year anniversary!
6. Celebrate our three year anniversary!
7. Have a baby.
8. Buy a house.
9. Get a second puppy!
10. See 20 more national parks (at least, not including ones in Utah!)
11. Learn to sew.
12. Bake a pie from scratch.
13. Try 10 new restaurants.
14. Run in and finish a half-marathon.
15. Spend a day with my sisters-in-law.
16. Attend a cake decorating class.
17. See all of the national parks in Utah.
18. Visit somewhere outside of the United States.
19. Write a guest post.
20. Blog every day for a month.
21. Go without facebook or instagram for a month.
22. Throw a friend a bridal or baby shower.
23. Learn how to use our camera better.
24. Send Christmas cards.
25. Make ten things I've pinned on Pinterest for the home.
26. Bake bread.
27. Make five new flavors of ice cream from scratch.
28. Spend a few days at a beach.
29. Finish a new scrapbook.
30. Gain 100 followers on bloglovin' for my blog.
31. Attend a blogging conference or workshop.
32. Meet a real-life blogger friend.
33. Host or participate in a giveaway every month for a year!
34. Go on a girls trip with three or more friends!
35. Complete the Lone Peak hike with the husband and pup.
36. Volunteer at a project with my husband.
37. Organize the kitchen shelves.
38. Clean out the closet and donate 15 pieces of clothing.
39. Learn to ski.
40. Put $200 per paycheck in savings.
41. Attend a state fair.
42. Paint a room in our house.
43. Host a bachelorette party for one of my girlfriends.
44. Purchase an Erin Condren planner and use it religiously.
45. Purchase a domain name.
46. Throw a surprise birthday party for someone I love.
47. Give my husband at least five "just because" gifts.
48. Celebrate being about half-way done with my PhD.
49. Send snail mail to all of my favorite people.
50. Go to a movie with my husband the night it's released.
51. Go apple-picking.
52. Buy produce from the farmers' market every week for three months.
53. Have a Harry Potter marathon with my husband.
54. Pay off all student loans.
55. Have an anniversary photo shoot.
56. Take photos for a friend.
57. Pay for someone's Starbucks order behind me.
58. Spend a weekend at a bed and breakfast.
59. Make a new tradition.
50. Decorate a cake.
51. Take a meal to someone who is having a hard time.
52. Go on a mission trip.
53. Guest blog on someone's blog.
54. Have dinner with an old friend I haven't seen in years.
55. Buy sewing machine and learn to use it.
56. Practipate in Christmas Angel program again with my husband.
57. Treat a friend to a spa day together.
58. Drive to Canada.
59. Visit Alaska again and help work on the family cabin.
60. Redesign my blog.
61. Send flowers to a friend just because.
62. Have a couples massage with the husband.
63. Take a cooking class.
64. Go on at least one new date a month (not just dinner and a movie) with the husband for one year.
65. Reupholster a piece of furniture.
66. Take our nephew to the zoo or babysit him for a day.
67. Send a care package to a friend or family member.
68. Put plants on front porch.
69. Post a Christmas tour of our house with the updates we've made.
70. Make Missouri and Washington art.
71. See Body Works.
72. Make a t-shirt quilt.
73. Create my own recipe.
74. Complete an obstacle course run.
75. Start a fitness class and stick to it.
76. Create a gallery wall in our house.
77. Get a passport.
78. Surprise Randy with a weekend getaway.
79. Go to a STL Cardinals' game again.
80. Go to a ND Sioux Hockey game.
81. Go to a Minnesota Vikings' game again.
82. Blog about our wedding (Wedding Series).
83. Make money blogging.
84. Post an update monthly on 101 in 1001.
85. Be a bridesmaid again.
86. Buy a filing cabinet and organize files.
87. Make a card display.
88. Host a craft night.
89. Visit an old teacher.
90. Get involved more at our church.
91. Publish my book.
92. Donate a significant amount to a charity.
93. Become a Relay for Life Organizer again.
94. Sponsor five blogs.
95. Send my parents on an anniversary trip for their 30th Anniversary.
96. Take a road trip back home.
97. Post 4-5 times a week for three months.
98. Buy fresh flowers every month for six months.
99. Make a meal plan for a whole month and stick to it at least 90%.
100. Get off ALL medicines if possible.
101. Make a new list & start again.

I hope you will make a list of your own and aspire to accomplish all of the goals on your list. We can support and encourage each other! :) I plan to publish updates every month! :)

Happy Monday, friends, and be sure to enter in the Christmas Children's Book Giveaway if you haven't yet! It ends tonight at 10 PM Mountain Time! Click on the link to enter!

 photo blog2_zpse65e9159.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day! I look forward to hearing from you! -Gen

Much Love!

Much Love!

Share