Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Dollar Store & Other Cheap Finds for Home Organization

I'm becoming an organizational freak. There, I said it. Seriously. If I can organize something on my day off or rearrange a drawer to make it look better, I'll do it. So one night, I decided to look online and find some baskets, cubbies, etc., that I could use to better organize my home. The downside was they were all so expensive! The next day I took a trip to the Dollar Store to see what I could find there, and I scored big. I found most of what I needed to complete the organization of my closets and cabinets!


I found this basket at Dollar Tree!


All of the baskets were purchased at Dollar Tree. I want to use a curtain rod to hang the bottles, but for now they fit nicely in the back and are easily accessible still.


Soon, I will get baskets for the towels, but the two white baskets contain extra essentials and toilet paper. There is also a "in case someone forgot something" ziploc container for guests!


Everything but the clear container was found at dollar tree. I use the red stackable containers for medicines with labels dividing them into: "First Aid/Pain Relievers/Cold/Flu." The clear container contains larger medicine bottles (refills). The container on top contains candles and scent refills.




I organized my bathroom drawer into: bobby pins, pony tails/elastic bands, and extra make-up. These containers were found at Dollar Tree and hook together to stay in place. 


This is the other bathroom drawer. The white basket was found at Dollar Tree and contains essentials, like my hair brush, contact solution, extra contacts, etc. The other bag was a gift and contains my daily make-up. :)


I found these shower curtain hooks at Dollar Tree and used them to separate and hang all of my scarves. 


This is also a Dollar Tree find. It hangs and can contain whatever you need it to! I use it to organize our shoes!


These are two baskets we already have, but there are similar ones for cheap at Target and Wal-Mart. I use one to hold extra blankets and the other to hold more shoes (I have a lot), especially the bigger ones like boots. These are the shoes that we most often wear. The other shoes get placed in the organizer. 


These are old finds from Wal-Mart, but they work great for holding other necessary items that may not be used on a daily basis. One contains extra beauty tools and socks. The other contains extra winter accessories (like beanies, gloves), skirts, and athletic shorts. The top container is from Dollar Tree and holds all of my perfume!


This is a Dollar Tree organizer that I use to hold the additional shoes that don't fit in the other one. I have too many shoes!


I found this basket for cheap at Wal-Mart! I love it because it keeps all of our daily things in the bathroom organized and not spread all over the counter.


This is our master bathroom cabinet. It has "His" and "Hers" baskets from Dollar Tree that contain materials we don't use every day. The back ones are also from Dollar Tree and contain "feminine supplies" and "razors/refills."




Another cheap basket that I found here at Smith's (Kroger store). We put our shoes that we wear that day to keep them off the floor.  


A great basket find at a garage sale! It keeps all of Honey's toys in place!


The chalkboard is very inexpensive from Michaels, and I write our weekly meal plan on it (you can download my free organizational spreadsheet to help with yours here)! The mail keeper was from Wal-Mart for under $4, and I use it to keep an envelope with our weekly coupons and my meal planning spreadsheet. The grocery notepad was a gift, but it's so helpful for keeping track of what's needed at the store! The bottom container keeps a pen, pencil, and scissors, and this container was from Dollar Tree!


These are other great finds! I would love someday to be able to have all of my baskets match, but for now, I am just trying to be cost-effective. These are two baskets from Bed, Bath, & Beyond, and I absolutely love them! One holds scrapbooking supplies, while the other holds other craft supplies!


The white bin was from Wal-Mart, but I saw something similar at Dollar Tree. It has extra post-it notes, markers, and pencils. The top container was from Dollar Tree and contains thumb tacks. The long container beside it was also from DT and has a stapler and staple remover. This table was built by my amazing dad and used to be part of a coffee table (I will show more about that soon!), but now it is in our office, and I love how we use it to organize our office supplies! This way, our desk only has a few pens in a cup, Kleenex box, and computer!


In our desk cabinet, we have a red folder that contains important information that has already been addressed but needs to be kept close (like airline tickets, reservations, or item invoices that are ordered but have not arrived yet). The basket I found at Target for cheap, and we use it to contain the envelopes on the right. Each envelope has a credit card that we use, and after it has been processed and placed in our budget tracker, we put the receipts in there. Once the month is over and the bill has been paid, it goes into a large expandable file. It's the best system and works so well for us!


All of these are from Smith's (Kroger Store), except for a couple we had before. It makes it so much easier not to have to deal with bags of flour, etc. It's made life so much easier! Next, we are hoping to get containers for cereal! We just don't have much cabinet space yet... 

As far as the labels go, I just made my own! Soon, I am hoping to make ones for all of the containers that MATCH, and when I do, I will post those on the blog!

Thanks for following along with my home organization tour! Just a reminder, if you haven't entered the giveaways that were on the blog Sunday and Monday, you still can here and here! They both end November 30th at Midnight! So head over there and enter! 

 photo blog2_zpse65e9159.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day! I look forward to hearing from you! -Gen

Much Love!

Much Love!

Share