Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Living for the Moment & Trusting in God's Plan

I try to rush life sometimes. I wake up thinking, "what's next?!" Instead of living in the present, I feel like I am always trying to make the future happen quicker. I remember doing that in college, constantly thinking, "When this is over, where will I be?" And even before my husband and I were engaged, I was ready to be married. Lately, I'm anxious to start growing our family, but I also want to enjoy married life as just the two of us. I feel like my brain is traveling at a rate of 100 miles an hour, but all I can do is sit back and wait.

And what's wrong with that? Isn't that what we are supposed to do? Enjoy life as it happens. Embrace the unexpected. Plan for the future, but live in the present. I trust that we will have a big family in the future, and I am excited for those days. But, right now, enjoying time just the two of us is more important. We love to travel, and that will be harder when we have little ones. We have so many interests that are worth pursuing. I'm starting back at school to obtain my PhD. My husband is still in training for work. There is reason to wait. I've just never been great at waiting.

God has a plan that is much greater than we could ever imagine. When I was having medical issues throughout high school, I couldn't see His plan. I questioned him, and I regret having done that. I know now that those experiences made me into the person I am today, and now I can share my story with others as encouragement that they, too, will get through those hard times.

God had a plan when he took my cousin a month ago yesterday. And while I know His plan for her is incredible, we have to also remember that at this moment, He has a plan for the rest of us down here on Earth. Living in her memory. Living every day with joy and hope and courage. Honoring her memory.

Life may not be going the way we thought it would. But it is happening the way God intended it to. If you trust in Him, He will never leave your side, no matter how many storms try to get in your way.



Also, Happy Veteran's Day! Thank you to all those that have served or are currently serving. Your sacrifice is absolutely inspiring, and we only wish we could offer enough gratitude. Freedom isn't free!

 photo blog2_zpse65e9159.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day! I look forward to hearing from you! -Gen

Much Love!

Much Love!

Share