Tuesday, November 18, 2014

A Quick Trip to DC!

Last week, I had the opportunity to visit Washington, D.C., for a couple of days for work. I have always wanted to go there, but the only place I have been in the Northeast was Boston (which is also incredible). As stated before, I'm a huge history person, and my husband and I love visiting National Parks for their beautiful views and the history behind them. I wish I had gotten the chance to see more, but I thought I would share the pictures from what I did see!


   








And of course, we had to go by Georgetown Cupcakes to try out some of the delicious cupcakes made by the girls of "DC Cupcakes." They were pretty fantastic! I think my favorite part of the trip was just taking in all of the history and seeing the Washington Monument from afar. Apparently it had been closed for quite a while and just recently reopened, but it looked so majestic! I would have loved to tour the Capitol and White House, but we just didn't have enough time (or book ahead in advance). My husband, who's already been before, and I will get there again some day and officially cross these National Parks off our growing list!

Have you been or lived in DC? What's your favorite part of the city?

 photo blog2_zpse65e9159.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day! I look forward to hearing from you! -Gen

Much Love!

Much Love!

Share