Tuesday, December 30, 2014

This Was a Gift - Creative Closet

Most Christmas or birthday presents I receive don't consist of clothes. Not that I don't like clothing. I love it. But it took me a long time to wear anything but the "athletic" look of sweats, t-shirts, and hoodies unless I was getting all dressed up for something special, such as a wedding or party. I started dressing up for work when I started my new job last summer, and it's completely changed the way I look at fashion. It's been fun to pick a new outfit every day and see how many ways you can style a piece. My husband says he doesn't dare pick out clothes for me (men, geez, haha), and most other people give me practical things for Christmas, which is great. I absolutely love receiving items I can use and not have to buy for myself. Which is why, when my mom gave me this adorable coat two winters ago because I needed a heavy coat, I fell in love with it. Cute clothing (at that time that I could use when I dressed up!) and practical gift? Yes please!





Coat: JC Penney's (gift) / Sweater: Kohls / Necklace: Charlotte Russe / Jeans: Forever 21 
Boot Socks: Homemade (Tutorial found here) / Boots: Charlotte Russe

Linking up with Jana and Maegan for this week's Creative Closet!

What is your favorite clothing item gift? 

 photo blog2_zpse65e9159.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day! I look forward to hearing from you! -Gen

Much Love!

Much Love!

Share