Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Friendsgiving 2014

One of the things I loved most about watching older friends and cousins grow up is seeing the incredible friendships they formed. Being in or attending each other's weddings, throwing baby showers for the other, play dates and baby-sitting their kids. Friends become family especially when you are so far away from your family. When I moved here, I had no idea that I would meet such amazing friends. We have a small group, and all of us are from far away (California, Missouri, Connecticut!), so we are exploring this new city together. We try to get together as much as possible, both just us girls and sometimes with the men, too. I had been wanting to host a Friendsgiving for as long as I can remember (just wasn't feasible with working Black Friday back in Missouri every year), so when one of my friends in our group suggested it, I jumped in and offered to host!


A printable that I made up for the occasion. Unfortunately, the words were cut off a little bit, but it was still cute!


See my husband hard at work in the background? He's the best!


We offered plenty of beverage options, but I wanted to have a signature drink! You can find the recipe here!


The no-sew burlap table runner worked great on the food table along with a menu I made up! 


I just used the burlap table runner I had made over a white table cloth and sprinkled a few leaves over it! Then added the center decorations and a couple pumpkins. 



The center table decorations were so easy! Just painted mason jars and flowers from Dollar Tree! You can see the construction of them here!


Didn't quite get that roasted color I was hoping for, but for a first try, I'll take it! Delicious!


Sorry, this picture turned out a little blurry!



Not the best picture of either of us, but it'll work!



I adore these girls, and Jared's face in the background cracks me up, so I had to leave it in! So blessed and thankful for great friends that become family. :)

It was an amazing night filled with great conversation, games, and fantastic food. I had fun designing a couple printables, decorating, and cooking along with my husband. Everyone brought a side dish or dessert to share, too, so we had a ton of food! There was enough for leftovers for days. I was so excited to cook a turkey for the first time, and although it wasn't without its struggles, it turned out delicious.

Did you host or attend a Friendsgiving? If so, what was your favorite part?

 photo blog2_zpse65e9159.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day! I look forward to hearing from you! -Gen

Much Love!

Much Love!

Share