Monday, December 22, 2014

DIY: Christmas Card Wreath




One of my absolute favorite things about the holidays is giving and receiving Christmas/New Year's cards. I know that might sound silly, but it's the time to recognize how many loving family members, wonderful friends, and caring supporters you have at all times. Sometimes, especially when life is hard, we forget about all of the people that love us and are there for us in times of need and in times of celebration. That's why Christmas cards mean so much to me. They are that constant reminder that no matter what happens, you have so many people behind your back. And during this season, you have the chance to read special notes from so many of them, see pictures of their families, and celebrate how blessed you are to have those people in your lives.

Each year, though, I run out of space on the refrigerator to display all of the cards. Which, I have to say, makes me so happy. So, after seeing a friend's wreath that she made, I decided to make a Christmas card wreath that could display all of the cards. It's an easy, fun Christmas project, and it's definitely useful around this time!

DIY Christmas Card Wreath

You will need: scissors, scrapbook paper (Christmas-themed optional but a variety is best!), clothespins (I used 40), embroidery hoop (mine was 9" from Michaels), hot glue gun, ribbon (for hanging), foam paint brush, paint

Sorry about the quality of some of the pictures. My phone had to do that day. 

Directions:

1. Paint the embroidery hoop the color of your choice. Let dry for at least a couple of hours.

2. Tie a ribbon around the top of the embroidery hoop (I looped mine inside it after it was dry to cover the screw). The length of the ribbon solely depends on how long you want it to hang from wherever you place it! 

3. Cut pieces of the scrapbook paper to the size of the clothespins. Cut as many pieces as you have clothespins. I used about 40, which was perfect for the size of my embroidery hoop. Try to alternate scrapbook paper and use a few different themes! I used plain green, green and red plaid, festive Christmas paper, and an off-white Christmas paper and cut 10 strips of each. 

4. Glue the pieces of paper onto the clothespins and hold down for at least 10 seconds to fully secure.

5. Glue each clothespin onto the embroidery hoop. I left about 5 cm between each clothespin, but it doesn't have to be exact! For most of them, have them turned to the outside, so that they will clip outside of the hoop where most of the cards will go. Alternate each 4th or 5th clip to face inside, though, so you are able to display them all around.



6. Hang in place of your choice! I just used push pins since we live in an apartment, and it has never once fallen down!

7. Use the clips to hang your cards, and enjoy the display. :)

Again, sorry about the picture quality, but it looks so cute in my dining room!

Happy Holidays, everyone!!

 photo blog2_zpse65e9159.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day! I look forward to hearing from you! -Gen

Much Love!

Much Love!

Share