Tuesday, January 6, 2015

My Style Icon: The Creative Closet

First of all, I'm sorry for the poor lighting in these pictures. The plan was to go outside to take them, but it was hardcore snowing and sleeting, which may have looked cool, but since my husband wasn't around to take them, it would have made it a little difficult.

I'm so not a trend-setter or a trend-follower for the most part. I just love finding clothes that are cute but also functional. I love finding pieces that I can wear over and over again, pairing with accessories, especially cute shoes. I find most of my style inspiration from bloggers, to be honest. I love stores like Forever 21 and H&M, but I feel like I'm always a step behind. So, when bloggers I follow post cute looks, I try and recreate them with a touch of my own style.

Today's style inspiration comes from Hayley of A Beautiful Exchange. She's one of my favorite bloggers anyway, but when she posted this look a few weeks ago, I looked in my closet to see how I could recreate it without it being the same. (I don't want to steal her look!) She's always got the cutest outfits, and she's looked elegant throughout her entire pregnancy. I didn't have any plaid, but I did have a button up shirt, a sweater, and these cute shoes that I bought when I saw her and a few others rocking them. P.S. They're comfy and great for both casual and more dressed-up affairs. Win, win. :)






Sweater: Kohls  (Old) Similar here/ Jeans: Forever 21 / Button Up Shirt: Target
Bubble Necklace: Amazon - Similar here / Watch: Macy's - Similar here
Shoes: Kohls - Similar here

Linking up with Maegan and Jana for the Creative Closet today!

 photo blog2_zpse65e9159.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day! I look forward to hearing from you! -Gen

Much Love!

Much Love!

Share