Friday, January 23, 2015

Anniversary Series: The Reception


Warning: This post contains way too many photos. Photo overload for sure. I apologize, but I just couldn't pick the ones I loved most, and there are more coming in a future "Our Support System" post! :) 

My favorite part of our wedding day was when we exchanged rings, but it was followed a close second by the entire reception. There was so much joy and love in the air, and being surrounded by all of our family and friends that helped us celebrate such a great occasion just felt wonderful. I don't think I stopped smiling that entire day except to listen to the speeches and concentrate on my new husband. :)





Thank you so much to Sherry Berry for putting my dreams of my wedding cake into reality! I wanted to have a "cupcake cake" with a top layer for us to enjoy on our 1st anniversary. Unfortunately, a friend knocked into the display and sent the top cake flying, so we didn't get to eat it. But, that's ok because the lemon, red velvet, and chocolate cupcakes were all AMAZING! 



I loved our winter theme... right after Christmas! There were so many other decorations that our photographer didn't get pictures of, but it was so much fun to put together. My mom has the best ideas!




I can't say how much I love our wedding party! Best. friends. ever. 






Such a heartwarming speech that led me to tears! I love you, Nikki!



And Jake's speech was incredible, too! Heard a bunch of interesting stories about my husband during that one. ;) 




I already have way too many pictures, but both of our parents spoke, as well as our grandfathers. Thank you for your wonderful speeches, and of course, support!



We cut a cupcake, and as you can see from Randy's face below, he's glad it was just a small piece because I had to shove it in his face... 




LOVE!



Thanks for being the best dad ever. :) 


Love this picture of my grandfather and I. So many other amazing photos that I'll include in the "Support System" Anniversary post! We are so blessed!


They are so cute! Mother-Daughter dance. :)





He is a wonderful father-in-law!


My sister-in-law, Val, is a trooper! She was 6 months pregnant and endured the whole day up on her feet in the cold. Thank you so much for being such a special part of our day, Val!


Did I mention how much I love them?!




I'm an avid Vikings fan due to the fact that my dad was born in Minnesota. Randy, from Washington, is an avid Seahawks fan. Had to get a rivalry pic. And since the Seahawks are in the Superbowl (wow, what a game to get there!), GO HAWKS!


Hope you enjoyed a trip down memory lane looking at our reception with me! It's been so much fun to look back on all of these posts, and it makes me feel more and more blessed every time I do. We have so many loving people in our lives, and we are so appreciative of you all!!

With Love,
 photo blog2_zpse65e9159.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day! I look forward to hearing from you! -Gen

Much Love!

Much Love!

Share