Thursday, October 30, 2014

Pecan Cheesecake Bars (Recipe)

I've been a little absent to the blogging world lately. I'm sorry for that. Life has been crazy but in a good way. So many projects at work and always something going on at home, too. I absolutely love it, but I promise I'll be better at updating and posting soon. :)

There's been no absence of cooking and baking in this house, though. There's always something I want to try, and my husband and I are constantly in the kitchen. We made these Pecan Cheesecake Bars last week, and they were so good. Not too sweet, but just enough to fulfill that sweet tooth! You have to try these!




PECAN CHEESECAKE BARS

Ingredients:

Crumb Mixture:

2 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2/3 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup chopped pecans

Filling:

2 8-oz packages cream cheese
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Combine flour, brown sugar, and butter in large bowl. Beat at low speed or by hand slowly until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.



3. Stir in pecans and reserve 1 1/2 cup crumb mixture to set aside.
4. Press remaining crumb mixture onto bottom of ungreased 8-in square baking pan. Bake 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned.


5. While bottom crumb mixture is baking, combine all filling ingredients in small bowl. Beat at low spread or by hand slowly until well-mixed, about 2 minutes.
6. Spread filling over partially baked crust while still hot.


7. Sprinkle remaining crumb mixture over filling and press into filling lightly.
8. Continue baking 30-40 minutes or until filling is set. Cool completely. Cut into bars. Store in refrigerator.


Makes 9"x13" pan - approximately 18 2-inch bars.

Adapted from here!

Enjoy!

 photo blog2_zpse65e9159.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day! I look forward to hearing from you! -Gen

Much Love!

Much Love!

Share