Tuesday, October 28, 2014

A Date-Filled Weekend!

Everyone says that it's important to go out on date nights as a married couple, right? Well, I agree wholeheartedly, but that doesn't mean I don't just like to spend hours with my husband on the couch, binge-watching our current Netflix addiction. Not to mention the delicious pizza, popcorn, and other junk foods that go along with those Netflix-watching sprees. But this weekend, we made up for a whole's months worth of dates. And still got in some couch time. Win, win. :)

My husband's days off are now Thursdays and Fridays, and my schedule is pretty flexible with work, so I get to have a little bit of his weekend and still a little bit of the regular weekend. I know, be jealous. :) Last Wednesday, the 65th Anniversary Warren Miller video was being shown at a theater in Ogden, UT, around 40 minutes north of here, so we went! If you haven't heard of Warren Miller (don't worry, I hadn't either), he's a famous ski and snowboarding filmmaker. His films are pretty awesome, and the stunts are incredible. My husband got us tickets to go that night, and we decided to make a night out of it. We tried a great new pizza restaurant beforehand up there called Slackwater, and it was delicious! The film was great, too, and we scored three free lift tickets each to skiing resorts around the area that sponsored the night!



On Thursday, we woke up and went on a hike right away thirty minutes south of our apartment. It was gorgeous. :) You can definitely tell it's almost winter, though. Hardly any leaves left on the trees!

Later that night, we didn't have any big plans, so I finally got my husband to carve pumpkins with me. We put on a movie in the background, had apple cider, and carved these beautiful (cough, cough) designs!


On Friday, we took Honey to the dog park in the morning, ran some errands, and just hung around the house until I went in to work for a couple of hours. That night, we tried out Strangling Brothers' Haunted Circus in Draper. Has anyone ever been? It's rated #7 for Scariest Haunting Experience on Earth! We went with some friends, and it was a lot of fun! It really wasn't as scary as I thought it
would be. I jumped the most still (surprise, surprise), but even I was under-whelmed during some of it! The funny part was that I would jump at first when someone scared me, but then, I automatically said "oh hi there!" or something along those lines to each of the actors. Everyone made fun of me. One of our friends had a few conversations with the "scarers." It made for a great night. :)



Saturday, we had planned on going for a bike ride on one of the local trails, but I wasn't feeling the best, so that will hopefully be for this weekend. Randy worked his normal shift, and I worked for a little bit of the day before coming home and having a massive organization-spree, (fall cleaning?) and after work, we went to watch the Utah game at a local place with one of our friends. There was a live DJ, and we danced and talked for quite a while. Plus, Utah won!

It was a packed few days, but I couldn't ask for better ones. Spending quality time with my husband and family and going out three times in four days? I'm a happy lady. Nothing big planned for this upcoming weekend, so I'm hoping for a Netflix-watching spree. Speaking of, what's your favorite show on Netflix (new or old)? We've watched Prison Break, How I Met Your Mother, Burn Notice, and a few others, and we're running out of suggestions! Someone recommended House of Cards, so that might be our next show. I'm all ears if you have a favorite!

 photo blog2_zpse65e9159.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day! I look forward to hearing from you! -Gen

Much Love!

Much Love!

Share