Tuesday, September 23, 2014

One Year Ago, This Ring Appeared

Happy Tuesday, friends! On Saturday, it was one year since the start of the craziest year of my life (and is only now finally calming down). That was the month that we found out about Randy's job in Utah, and we decided to move here! It was also the month of our engagement, which was September 20th of last year (1 year from Saturday!). Since I wasn't writing for this blog at the time of planning my wedding, I thought I would share recaps of it on the anniversary of when they happened! I just love everything wedding, but I am thankful I don't have to plan one again!

Since we knew we were going to be moving to a new state half-way across the country together, and we had talked a lot about marriage, I was expecting the proposal anytime. My husband (fiance at the time, obviously) knew this, and he used it to his advantage. :) It's a fun but crazy story!

On Thursday the 19th, I went over to my husband's place after work. I was in the kitchen, and he was in the bedroom, and we were just talking about our days. He told me Honey had something to show me, so I walked into the bedroom, and Honey was there with a pretty flower collar on her neck. Hanging from the collar by a ribbon was a box that said "Mommy" on one side, and "I Love You" on the other. Fully expecting this to be the proposal but with the boy no where in sight, I open it up to find a RING POP instead of a ring! Everyone had joked about him proposing with a ring pop first, and so he had even asked me my favorite flavor: watermelon. Sure enough, the ring pop was a watermelon one. Totally had me fooled!!






The next day, I came over after work once again, and this time, Honey met me at the door with another box around her neck that said "Merry Me.... With Biscuits!" I dumped out the whole box thinking again that there might be a ring inside... but there were tons of biscuits instead! And no ring hiding at the bottom. Needless to say, Honey had a good, filling afternoon snack!



All the while I don't even know what to say and my husband is grinning from ear to ear, and I'm not sure what to think! I thought the ideas between the first two "fake" proposals were so cute, and I was already amazed at how much work and thought he had put into it, if this was leading up to the real thing! Shortly after the biscuits were tossed on the floor in hopes of the ring, he told me to get dressed for dinner. He took me to my favorite restaurant, and of course, I'm nervous and expecting something to happen all the time. Other than that, though, it was delicious, and I had a great meal laughing and joking with the one I love. But nothing else happened... until we get in the car after. Then, he hands me a jewelry box. I open it up... and it's full of tie tacks!

Let me tell you, my husband can be quite clever if he wants to be. ;) And he definitely gets points for creativity. A little later, we were back at his apartment, and I was getting something out of my purse when I turn around to see him holding the beautiful, opened ring box. That was when he asked me to marry him, and of course, I said "yes!"


Ignore the wrinkly hands... but this is my pretty ring! :)
I couldn't be happier with our story. It makes me smile every time I think about it, and it is perfect for the kind of couple we are (the kind who gives each other a hard time constantly and just enjoys laughing and joking and being with each other). We knew we didn't have much time to plan if we wanted to be married before moving west, so we immediately sent out save-the-dates and got right to planning! We set the date for less than four months after our engagement began, so we were busy from the very beginning, especially since the move was right around the corner. I'll post more about that later. :)



It's my love story, and I might be biased, but it's the best one I've ever heard. My hope is for the perfect love story for everyone!

 photo blog2_zpse65e9159.png

2 comments:

  1. Oh how cute! I love reading these real life love stories :)

    I would love to challenge you: http://iammrsk.blogspot.fi/p/a-blog-challenge.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! And thanks for the challenge. I accept! :)

      Delete

Your comments make my day! I look forward to hearing from you! -Gen

Much Love!

Much Love!

Share