Tuesday, September 30, 2014

My Promise To You

I've talked before about judging others, but this was something that has really been weighing on my mind and heart lately after hearing friends share their stories about how they feel like they don't measure up in comparison. Or how judgmental girls can be towards each other. In the day and age we live in, the only thing judgment accomplishes is making our world a more negative, hateful place.

Photo Credit: Mallory Prewett
So, my promise to you and myself, friends and readers, is:

I promise... to never use your words against you. If you say something I don't agree with, I'll leave it at that and respect you for being gracious enough to share your thoughts with the world.

I promise... to never judge you based on your stories or actions. I may do or say things differently than you, but that doesn't make me any more right than you.

I promise... to encourage you always and offer a listening shoulder whenever you need one. We're all in this community together.

I promise... to never be one of those people who tells you they won't share a secret and then goes ahead and shares it anyway.

I promise... to never go behind your back about anything. If I feel the need to say something to you, I'll say to your face.

I promise... to not judge you based off your appearance, style, etc. Everyone should have the right to be themselves and to express their individuality.

I promise... to understand that everyone makes different decisions in life and to support you in every stage of those different decisions, even if it's not always easy.

I promise... to be there for you at your lowest and celebrate you at your highest points.

I promise... to never think of myself as superior to you or consider anyone to be inferior.

I promise... to not look at another person's life and feel like my life doesn't measure up. Everyone has their own sets of talents, experiences, and an amazing story that should be told.

I promise... to be honest with you no matter what. My opinions are my own, but if I'm sharing them, they're my truest and most honest thoughts.

I promise... to not push my beliefs on yours.

These are my promises to you. Be the person that you are, and don't compare yourself against others. You're unique and an incredible being that's meant to be in this world for a specific purpose. You provide so much for other people by just a smile or your words.

The reason I love blogging so much is because of the encouragement among bloggers. We are a community, and we should all support and lift up each other. And I promise to do the best that I can toward that respect.

"When you judge another, you don't define them. You define yourself." Wayne Dyer

 photo blog2_zpse65e9159.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day! I look forward to hearing from you! -Gen

Much Love!

Much Love!

Share